Wednesday, February 3, 2010

May You Live a Long Life

 

May you live a long life
Full of gladness and health
With a pocket full of gold
As the least of your wealth
May the dreams you hold dearest
Be those which come true
May the kindness you spread,
Keep returning to you.


To me, birthdays are a wonderful thing: it is an opportunity to show that person how grateful you are that they are in the world. It is your chance to give them plenty of hugs and kisses... fill them up with frosting... shower them with love and attention... write them a lovely card... embarrass them by bringing up stories about their adolescence, sing them "Happy Birthday" and force them to make wishes and blow out candles, make them carry around over sized balloons while wearing a birthday hat, and  give them gifts you knew would brighten their day.

Today marks my 23rd year on this earth. I feel young and I feel old all at once. I look back on my life and think about how much I've accomplished and how many things I have overcome and then I look forward and realize how much life I still have left to live... how many things I have to look forward too... how many hardships I have yet to overcome... I am ready for it all.


Today, calories don't count, chores don't exist, and demands can't be heard... 

Today is my birthday, and there is only room for laughter, joy, love... and presents of course... ;)


Oh, and please don't forget about the cake (thank you Romans for thinking up such a lovely treat).

I would like to leave all of you with a bit of birthday inspiration from some of the contributors at Tiny Treasures. I hope it brightens your day and gets you in the mood to celebrate the joy of life...

PS: be expecting a lovely Valentine's Day post :)



8 comments:

  1. happy birthday to you.
    (and now my mouth is watering for cake...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! Happy Birthday.

    I just wanted to let you know that you have been nominated on the Lovelies! :)

    http://loveliesaward.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-photography-tiny-treasures.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very happy birthday to you!!
    I'm glad I've recently discovered
    your beautiful photography :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love birthdays. Happy Birthday to you! That first cupcake is way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first cupcake would really curb my sweet tooth right now! What a sweet delightful post. Happy Birthday

    xx

    S.S. Dobbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a great BDay. Don't forget to thank your parents for inventing you!

    www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Jade! I adore that first photo.

    Thanks so much for including me in your collection. I hope you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy Birthday!!!! Hope it was a great one!

    ReplyDelete